Salome
It is now Sunday evening. As I said in my last post (was that last week already?), tomorrow is a holiday here, so we actually have it off. I still have no idea what the holiday is called or what it is celebrating. I'll have to remember to ask someone tonight. Someone told me that Colombia has the most holidays of any country in the world. The day I arrived here was a holiday as well. I'm starting to believe it.
Ok...I just took a few minutes to look up the facts on Wikipedia. Can one say that? Well, ACCORDING to Wikipedia, Colombia has 17 public holidays to the USA's paltry 11. I couldn't find out which country had the most, but I did discover that tomorrow is San Pedro y San Pablo (Saint Peter and Saint Paul Day). Exciting. I'll have to thank Saint Peter later on for having tomorrow off, since I spent all day today working on my breakdown for Episode 103.
Tonight should be an interesting evening. It is the birthday of our 2nd AD, and we are all going to a Salsa club called Salome. It sounds like a lot of the crew is going, and apparently one can also learn salsa at this club. Should I be regretting not taking Francisco's and Mariko's lessons earlier this year? I hope I don't embarrass myself. My friend, Carolina, and I are going to meet for dinner first at a popular pizza parlor that I've heard about.
Let's see...life on set...it's still difficult at times. The language barrier is getting easier, but there are definitely still hurdles. David Carradine has been on set all week. What can I say about David Carradine? What can I say about David Carradine...
Last night, a bunch of us went to a club that has been converted from an old-time live theater. It's called Vinacure, and has a circus-type theme. Many of the employees were dressed up as Tim-Burton-like clowns or cats or just had on weird costumes. Periodically, the large red curtain would be drawn open and we were treated to staged dance performances a la Moulin Rouge. I'm pretty sure everyone on stage was male, though I couldn't swear to that. Felipe, one of our alternating AD's, always comes out to the clubs. He seems to know EVERYONE in Bogota. Whenever we go out, people come up to him to say hi. He always introduces me to them, and many of them think (because of the accents) that my name is Harry. I just let it go. I like Harry Potter, so why not?
I'll probably write more tomorrow after my pizza and salsa experience.
Ah, David Carradine...only three more days on this episode.
By the way, Survivor is much harder than I ever imagined!

3 Comments:
Hey, what's up Harry! that is so coincidental... you are going salsa dancing, and I just ATE some salsa! Crazy!!
did you get voted off already? I hope you weren't the first one out, that would be embarrassing! rs
Hi Arkins,
It sounds like you're really busy work-wise and socially! What's the deal with D.C.? What would I know him from? How do you like living solo? I am so envious of your cleaner! It's a far cry from those rotten, banana peels!:) Teagan is walking, primarily balances herself with her arms at mid-level rather than down at her sides. She's having her 6 month assessment tomorrow, so I think her P.T., Jill, will recommend a decrease in therapy frequency. She has improved minimally with chewing, but I do think she will get there. Aidan and Cieran start Ivy League Day Camp today! Teagan is doing a Mom + Me Transition Summer class at Congregation Sons of Israel and she will go to preschool, there, 2x/week, from 9:30 to 3:00 in September. I like your Blog!
Love,
Daniella
Post a Comment
<< Home